[78-L] First eBay problem

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Dec 27 14:12:34 PST 2010

I've always posted on here about all my good eBay experiences as a buyer,
so thought I should alert all to a probelm I just had which resulted in my
being out $140.

A seller from whom I'd bought a number of nice records over the years  sent
me a package on Nov 4...I never received it.  Someone in the PO system
"confirmed" delivery and so neither eBay or Pay Pal will give me my money
back.  All I could get from the PO was that it was "delievered" to my zip
code...no address and no signature...not much of a confirmation,  as far as
I can tell.

The fellow at Pay Pal noted that you get better protection if you also have
signature confirmation...a more rigorous form of making sure that the
package arrived where it was supposed to and that the right person got it.

I was disappointed that this seller would not give me my money back,  and
that he put the entire onus on me to "prove my case."  I had never run into
this attitue in my years in the book business and always took responsibility
as the seller...guess that doesn't always apply these days.

The seller,  with whom I've always had a good relationship, goes by
luckydaddy.  He offers nice records in geat condition,  but after this I
won't be comfortable doing business with him any more.  He has always been a
good guy,  but if any of you do business with him I'd suggest that you ask
for signature conformation if you make a purchase from him,  in order to
protect yourself in case the pacakge gets into the wrong hands but delivery
is entered as "confrimed.'

If anyone else has had any kind of similar experience with anyone,  and was
ever able to get money refunded,  I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks to all from

Taylor