[78-L] The Laughing Record in a cartoon

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 26 19:59:40 PST 2010

I think this was mentioned a while ago, but I got a Woody Woodpecker collection
this weekend and was amazed to find the OKeh Laughing Record (credited, even)
used in a 1955 Walter Lantz Car-Tune "Sh-h-h-h-h". Also to find it overdubbed,
at least at the start, with a newly recorded trumpet (which the animators for
some reason seemed to think was a trombone). I'm surprised this one got by the
censors..in context, it doesn't sound as if the woman is laughing at the man's
trumpet playing.