[78-L] Decca Hill Billy Discography

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Dec 24 15:39:38 PST 2010

If anyone is interested in getting my "Decca Hill Billy Discography (1927-1945)" book but have been putting it off because of Greenwood's outrageous retail price (currently around $120), there are a bunch of copies available on Amazon for between $18 and $25. The only other time I was able to find copies this cheap was when I found two used copies in the back of the Ernest Tubb Record Shop in Nashville for $5 each.

http://www.amazon.com/Decca-Hillbilly-Discography-1927-1945-Discographies/dp/0313260532/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1293233548&sr=1-5

Note that all of the discographical material was later made available in Tony Russell's "Country Music Records," but the Decca book also includes numerical listings, release dates, songwriting credits, chronological session listings, and rare photos, which make for fun browsing.

Treat yourself to some hillbilly data for the holidays!

Cary Ginell