[78-L] First 78

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Fri Dec 24 12:31:34 PST 2010

Same for me. 1958: a radio/ phono combination:
a Radialva with AM/FM and a four-speed record player made by
Ducretet-Thomson, with a good piezo-electric pickup.

I inherited it, too, and it's still there.

My first acquired records were second-hand: a Dizzy Gillespie EP (with
Johnny Richards orch) and a few 78s (Sidney Bechet, Yves Montand, Ken
McIntosh, Errol Garner...). I enjoyed them all except for a lousy
accordionist called Émile Carrara, playing "Swingin' On A Star').

Merry Christmas to all.
BC