[78-L] Really preposterous sweet band

Don Chichester dnjchi78 at live.com
Fri Dec 24 12:31:12 PST 2010

The reason for the difference in Garber's style between the late '20s and the later sweet style is that Garber discovered the Freddie Large Orchestra in Toronto IIRC, liked it, closed up his old band and bought the Freddie Large band and it's members.  Large played a very sweet alto sax, which gave the band a Lombardo sound.  Some might say even sweeter than Lombardo.  Try looking here:
http://www.jangarber.com/Garber.htm

Don Chichester