[78-L] Filing system (was 1st 78)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 23 16:16:17 PST 2010

When we bought our first house, in 1979, after ten or so years of living in an
apartment that didn't quite verge on the Collyer Brothers' place but came
close, we noticed one room that had its own private entrance from outside and
thought this would be a great place to put shelves and store records. Two days
after we put in a few loads, we noticed that they didn't seem to come up quite
as high as we thought they had. Turned out that there was absolutely nothing
under the floor of this room but a few inches of space and then the ground.
Once that side of the floor had settled, it remained a storage area, with
occasional visits from birds and the odd cat.

dl