[78-L] Request.

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 15:18:15 PST 2010

I've known a few musicians from the Hollywood studio scene who have since passed
on such as

Skeets Herfurt,Al Hendrickson and John Best.With their respective deaths,I no
longer have those
who told me just how things were back then.The only one I know of who is still
alive is guitarist
Bob Bain.The only other person who comes to mind was the late Nick Pelico,a
drummer who was in the Hollywood studios for years.His main claim to fame was
his being a childhood friend of
Bobby Hackett and a forgotten tenor sax player named Bernie Billings.He liked
me:I could do a

half assed impression of Bobby Hackett when I played cornet.That was around 30
years ago.