[78-L] And then I wrote...

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Dec 23 15:02:06 PST 2010

I'll toss in a vote for Matt Dennis's hipster version of Will You Still Be
Mine?  I have it as a live recording on a 10" 78...I guess it's from around
1953,  and has some updated lyrics with funny references to Johnny Ray and
Marilyn Monroe.

Not exactly a 78,  but I was lucky enough to hear Joe Bushkin at the St.
Regis  in NY twice about twenty years ago,  and both nights he told the
audience that "now I'm going to play a medley of my hit" which was 'Oh,
Look At Me Now" and he did a wonderful job on it.

Taylor