[78-L] shelf order

Fred Lowenhaupt lphred at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 07:43:33 PST 2010

The majority of my collection is on shelves built into one wall. They re in alphabetical and number order. All record sleeves are labeled with the number, artist and songs for easy reading when flipping though them. On another built in shelf I have all my labels that I have only a few copies of. makes for easier locating. Next to those are my 8" records. Then comes my Victors I felt it was easier to put them by themselves and not down at floor level..
 My collection is not large (approximately 4000) because I'm not a record hoarder primarily interested in Dance bands both sweet and hot. Most cover the years 1927 through 1935 and at this stage condition is very important. Around 600 are British dance bands. Finally on the bottom shelf are my 10" albums and 12" singles.