[78-L] Stormy Weather

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 22 20:04:45 PST 2010

Hmm! Royal referred to the Ivie Anderson vocals but I missed that in
referencing the 1933 version on Canadian Columbia. Very odd that Canada would
issue that in 1940 without there being a US version for parts. There was no
Canadian pressing of Columbia for several years and Sparton didn't get parts
from Compo when it started pressing Columbias in late 1939. In fact Compo was
still using old Brunswick stampers, sometimes without the right to use
them..they were supposed to have dropped Brunswick entirely around 1936 in
order to get Decca.

dl