[78-L] Spike Jones orphan

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 18:53:17 PST 2010

Did the lyrics of "Our Hour" by Spike Jones include "This is our hour for
love"?I remember hearing my mother singing it to us as kids fifty years ago?She
used to sing all kinds of ditties
some of which were Betty Hutton routines.My mother was,more or less,into
Jeanneatte Mc-
Donald and Lily Pons.She is 80 now but sixty five years ago had studied
classical opera in her
then hometown of Parma,Idaho.She was once told she would be a good opera singer
but not a
great one.She sang alto.She did numerous musical plays at her alma mater of
Parma High School
in Parma,Idaho.This was between 1944 and '47.