[78-L] Stormy Weather

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Dec 22 12:30:57 PST 2010

With rain pelting outside for the 7th consecutive day, I decided to trawl my collection and see how many versions of "Stormy Weather" I had on 78. The answer is 7. For some reason, I never bothered to acquire a copy by Lena Horne on RCA Victor:

Luis Arcaraz & his Orchestra - RCA Victor 20-4256
The Leaders - Glory 235
Andre Kostelanetz & his Orchestra - Columbia 7431-M (in 12" album M-574)
Peggy Lee - Capitol 10119
Duke Ellington & his Famous Orchestra - Brunswick 6600
Ethel Waters - Brunswick 6564
Joseph Robechaux & his New Orleans Boys - Vocalion 2540

Cary Ginell (wishing he had the Five Sharps version as well....)