[78-L] Filing system (was 1st 78)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Dec 21 15:22:39 PST 2010

On 12/21/2010 4:28 PM, Taylor Bowie wrote:
> Alas,  I am like the frog in the kettle of water who didn't realize that it
> was gradually coming to a boil until it was too late.
>
> I have no database for my 78s...it's all in my head.  At this point I have
> neither the time nor the inclination to put one together.
>
> Taylor

The attendees at the IASA (International Assoc of Sound Archives)
conference are mostly cataloger types -- librarians and archivists --
and years ago I was one of the few private collectors who attended.  I
once shocked several Scandinavian lady librarians when they asked me
what cataloging system I used (my collection was larger than some of
theirs) and I replied "Now, on which pile did I see that record last?!"

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com