[78-L] More from our favorite, legendary oyVey dealer in St Louis

Kurt Nauck nauck at 78rpm.com
Mon Dec 20 21:12:38 PST 2010

This particular seller has a very nice collection of records, and has
had some nice things for sale on eBay. I bought three 78s from him -
one for something like $300 and two for ten bucks each. I received
the one $300 record and was pleased with it - and left positive
feedback. The seller said that the other two items were unavailable,
but he never responded to my follow-up email regarding the missing records.

Therefore, I gave negative feedback for these two transactions. And I
explained exactly why: "Bought two records via Buy It Now, but the
seller said he didn't have them."  My feedback was honest, to the
point and impersonal.

Many of my customers have had negative experiences in dealing with me
- sometimes I handle it properly and sometimes I don't. I'll tell you
right now that my feedback rating wouldn't begin to approach the
99.5% rating most eBay sellers seem to have. And this particular
seller does have a great many positive feedbacks as well!

In a subsequent email to me, the seller suggested that the negative
ratings should have been neutrals because the problem was a result of
an honest mistake - apparently, the records had been listed twice and
were already sold. But that information came too late, and when I
finally spoke to an eBay representative (which is no mean
accomplishment, by the way), she told me that there was no way that
eBay could change the rating at this stage.

For whatever it's worth, that's the story.

Kurt Nauck
c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389