[78-L] Sometimes things work out really nicely on eBay

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 20 13:46:40 PST 2010

Sometimes things work out really nicely on eBay and this is one of those times.

In my trawling I came across a listing -- in the 78s -- for the 6-lp
set 'The Complete Buddy Holly'. Its UK pressings in a box set
complete with book. The guy had it listed at opening bid US$16 with
$4 shipping. Maybe because it was listed in the 78s, no one bid on it
-- except for me. And I got it.

The lps are unplayed, and the only negative is that the box is wee
bit tattered. I have seen this item go for $30 to $200, so suffice to
say -- some days on eBay you do get the bear