[78-L] Rudy Vallee VICTOR Chinese Japanese?? ^

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Dec 19 17:40:35 PST 2010

From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
>> What do "aberivate" and "derogerty" mean? Is the latter meant as a
>> slight to Irishmen? Better to say "Mick" or "Paddy".

Well, we can analyze "derogerty"...?! First, "de" meams "without" or "to
remove"...?! and the suffix "ty" means "has" or "contains." That leaves
us with "roger" which means "Received in full!" Thus "derogerty" means
"Denying that the mesage was received fully and correctly, in spite of
any previous statements to that effect...?!"

"Aberivate" is more complicated...near as I can guess, it means "to
remove 'beri' from...whatever "beri" (other than half a diseasel
"beri-beri"...?!) is?!

Steven C. Barr