[78-L] Jerry Colonna w/Rhythm Wreckers

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 12:59:40 PST 2010

I believe that to be true as there was a brief period where Vocalion was being
phased out for a

new OKeh label.There are Vocalions and OKehs that share the same catalogue
numbers.If if

remember correctly,Vocalion was phased out completely by Columbia by the summer
of 1940.I
had some OKehs by Bob Wills such as his 1938 recording of "San Antonio Rose"
which I had on
OKeh.I also had an Adrian Rollini Vocalion of "In My Solitude" which was
recorded on 7 May
1940 and issued on Vocalion.As I recall,the Brunswick and Vocalion trademarks
were sold to

Decca by Columbia in 1941.