[78-L] Auntie Skinner's Chicken Dinner

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 16 11:59:57 PST 2010

Clancy (and he's my favorite singer) was famous for making up his own lyrics
as he went al0ong, just as Gene Austin did on many of his later recordings.
Clancy sings something like "You must have dough before you go to Auntie
Skinner's chicken holiday." All other versions that I've heard of this song
end with "Down at Auntie Skinner's chicken dinner everybody will be there."
So, who's right?

Bud