[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 27, Issue 24 - Label Info Needed -not quite 78 era!

Nigel Burlinson burlinson at orange.fr
Mon Dec 13 22:12:10 PST 2010

David:

I think you'll find that all of these (except for the Coates)
are from three EP's issued by Pye in 1958

CEM.36007 Addison: Carte Blanche
CEM.36010 Rawsthorne: Street Corner Overture + Madame Chrysantheme (Ballet
Suite)
CEM.36011 Arnell: The Great Detective (Ballet Suite)

These were probably recorded in stereo but issued in mono on the EP's and
not in stereo until they turned up on the Golden Guinea LP.

The Coates is from the LP CML.33004 and has been re-issued on a CD
by Vocalion CDLK.4183

Nigel Burlinson
burlinson at orange.fr