[78-L] The Mystery of the Missing Mystery

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 13 15:19:57 PST 2010

Totally different series..these were recorded by RCA and the story is adapted
from "Keeper of the Keys", about Chan's investigation of the murder of an opera
singer named Madame Landini, although said murder occurs somewhere during the
first 6 episodes. Recordings, Inc. was a division (subsidiary?) of C. P.
MacGregor, not connected with RCA or Radio Recorders.

I think Frank Nelson plays one of the characters (Ryder) on the RCA set. Acting
is not too bad, although the ancient Chinese gentleman (Ah Sing) puts extra
"l"s into everything and sounds like Fled Allen's One Long Pan takeoff
(Wassamattayou?).

dl