[78-L] Is there a Disco mix, ya think?^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Dec 13 11:12:34 PST 2010

On 12/13/2010 1:56 PM, Julian Vein wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>> David Lennick posted an article
>>   >>  This week, 40 musicians representing the old guard (Billy Bragg, Orbital) and>>   the new (the Kooks, Guillemots) entered a London studio and did not play their instruments in a performance of John Cage's famous silent composition, 4'33''.

>> Martin Fisher wrote:
>>   >  Just the thing for one of Classic Records to release on their single sided, 45 r.p.m., 200 gram vinyl format. :-)   Mar(yeah, I buy one occasionally)tin

>> If you don't mind, I;ll play the blank side.  I don't care for any of these performers.
>>
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com
>>
> It's not blank, it's take 2!
>
>        Julian Vein
No, take two has the Blackberry.  I'd know it anywhere.  Both takes are
on side one.,  The second side has no grooves, so every play is
different.  I wonder if the Cage estate will now go and sue Victor for
releasing blank sided records in premature violation of Cage's
copyright.  It makes as much sense as anything else the Cage estate has
done.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com