[78-L] Japanese soprano MIURA Tamaki?

Hopkins/Kato hopkat at sa2.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Dec 11 17:06:34 PST 2010

I've come across a reference to a Japanese soprano named MIURA Tamaki, whose
Madame Butterfly was apparently very well known throughout the opera world.
She was the first Japanese soprano to perform in Europe. The article states
that she first recorded in 1912. It's not impossible for this to have been
in Japan (although it would likely be impossible to find one of the records)
but I'm guessing this would have been for a European record company, whether
recording in Japan or in Europe. Any information, opera fans?
David Hopkins
Nara, Japan