[78-L] Pagliacci set on British Columbia

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Wed Dec 8 09:03:03 PST 2010

One little thing to add -- if you do use a tone generator to set pitch, NY pitch (and very certainly on piano recs) was A-435 rather than 440; that was agreed upon by a conference of NY piano manufacturers (in conjunction with other musical authorities) in the 1890s, and it held true up until the middle 30s. Slight but audible diff.  I sent a note and some background on this to UCSB earlier this year. PC