[78-L] Morrison label

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Dec 6 09:28:06 PST 2010

Hi Dennis,

I've been looking at and for Morrison records since I started collecting as
an 11-year old (a while ago) and have never seen an LP on the label.  I
became interested in Morrison  because my dad had copies of the two records
by the Frankie Roth Orchestra,  on which my dad played lead alto.  They were
recorded,  I think,  in 1949 and were still around the house when I came
along in the 50s.  I can recall being fascinated by watching the colors as
they swirled around on the turntable...perhaps that early impression helped
to make me a dance band collector.

BTW I'm always looking for copies of either of the Roth records.  Unlike
most Morrison issues,  they are straight dance band sides,  not country or
"old-time".  Their version of Rose Room is one of the best I've heard.

I've asked Peter Blecha and others if anyone has a Morrison discography or
recording logs...so far,  nothing seems to have turned up.

Did you find your record in Tacoma?  That's good scouting!

Taylor