[78-L] Twistin' the Dials Insert ID

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Dec 1 13:02:27 PST 2010

I don't have the list here, but a year or two ago we discussed here the
listing of the drop-in recordings on the Jones and Hare 12-inch Victor
"Twistin' the Dials".  Several decades ago there had been an article in
Record Research which disclosed almost all of them, and this was
discussed and an addition or two was given.  I don't remember if anybody
had ever identified the weird foreign record -- but I have found a
sample of it on Chris Strachwitz's Arhoolie site!! It is track 7 on this
album.

http://www.arhoolie.com/world/amalia-in-foreign-lands-since-my-childhood.html

I've ordered the CD as part of the $5 overstock offer (along with nine
others!) and I'll give the discographical info when I get the disc,
although I suppose it might be findable in Spottswood from just the
title and artist info on the web lisiting. Amalia [artist]  Haydo Syrdo
or E. Haido (Girl's Name) [title]

And check out this article about Chris that was in the NY Times a few
days ago.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/arts/music/28arhoolie.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Mike (it's all greek to me) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com