[78-L] Average age^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 29 16:57:47 PST 2010

On 11/1/2010 8:27 PM, Julian Vein wrote:
> Michael Biel wrote:
>> From: Donna Halper<dlh at donnahalper.com>
>>> I would imagine that like stamp collecting, most 78 collectors are
>>> baby boomers or older, since they are the ones who probably grew up
>>> in homes that had 78s or where they were encouraged to have a hobby
>>> like stamp collecting.
>>
>> Stamp collectors have also noted the lack of young stamp collectors.
>> They don't see stamps anymore.  In fact, they don't see MAIL anymore!!!!
>>
>> Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

> Would a 78 without a centre hole be worth as much as a page of
> unperforated stamps?
>
>        Julian Vein

I remember one of the promo guys at MCA telling me about a returned copy of
Tommy that had no center holes. In those blessed and much missed days of
political incorrectness, he referred to it as a Polish pressing.

(JV..are you really sending messages 28 days late or did you shut your computer
clock down for a month?)