[78-L] Mystery Edison Test

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:25:35 PST 2010

I have a blank labeled Edison test I can't identify:

In label 51581-R in Wax 16265-B-4 1 "Whistle Your Blues Away" [?]
In label 51531-L in Wax 16263-A-1  Unknown

The "8" on the first side might be a "3;" it's indistinct. There was some handwritten red pencil on each side's label; it's partly erased and the only word clear to me is "Whistle" on the first side. I wasn't able to play the other side of the record in far enough to get a title from the vocal chorus, which doesn't come until the end of the record.

These are 1920s dance sides, acoustic and probably late. Any idea what these are? And whether these are the issued takes?

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com