[78-L] Quiet, isn't it? ^

Steven stevenc at interlinks.net
Wed Nov 24 17:12:45 PST 2010

From: DRJAZZ78 at aol.com
> Gang,
>
> Here we are, snowed in.  My keyboard will get  a work-out tonight.

And here I am in Ont'o., Canada...where I might expect to be "snowed
in" given the season; however, I have yet to see a single snowflake...?!
Nor is any predicted for the near future...?! Note that I am QUITE happy
therewith...I didn't even like to play in the snow as a kidlet...!

Only time I can recall enjoying snow was 1968-70; I was in the
USAF, stationed at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany...and I took
advantage of VERY cheap ski lessons (room + board included!)
just across the border in Austria. What I discovered was that
skiing, unlike most sports, does NOT require one to be all
that great thereat in order to be fun...!

And...we have three or four more months of winter still facing
us...?! By mid-January, I shall once again be wondering..."Well,
if you had to leave your happy home in Waynesville, Ill's...WHY
didn't you move SOUTH...?!

Steven C. Barr