[78-L] KAY KYSER ON TCM ("YOU'LL FIND OUT)

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 16:22:38 PST 2010

One of my favourite Kay Kyser recordings was a song called "Slowly" with a vocal
by a young
Mike Douglas.I don't know what year it was recorded.I've had mine for around
fifty years.I used
the song as an alto sax showcase.This afternoon I dug out a batch of LPs and
came across an old
Everest LP by former RCA recording artist Mitchell Ayres.The album featured his
former lead al-
toist Harry Terrill.I once owned a Bluebird of "Can't Get Out of This Mood" back
in 1973.The

arrangements were so-so but Terrill played beautifully.I never had much of
Kyser's work save a
Columbia 78 "Old Buttermilk Sky".I think "Huggin' and Chalkin' " was on the
reverse.