[78-L] Price guyed (resent due to outage)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 21 07:46:25 PST 2010

Not sure if messages sent yesterday went down the glug hole, so I'm
sending this again

I tend to use them more for discographical purposes than anything
else. I find the pricing only really valid in the relative sense --
record A is worth more than record B -- rather than hard and fast values.

Getting back to the original question, of all of them I like
Orborne's book the best and Les Docks' the least. I took and instant
dislike to Dock's guides when he used the preface to slam Osborne's
books by saying 'There is nothing "official" about this guide', and
then went on to cop an attitude that his opinions regarding value
were superior to anyone else's.

This is why I shudder when else a certain high profile collector/
seller discovers a disk by some obscure artist and pays/ offers 10
quadzillion russbucknicks for it.