[78-L] Barney Rapp Victor test

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Fri Nov 19 17:17:33 PST 2010

Greetings from FixitLand!

Han Enderman wrote:

> Ebay # 330494827121 (not sold)
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/RAPPS-ORCH-Roaming-Away-Brunswick-25853-Test-
> Dance-/330494827121?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4cf306da71
>
> is listed as a Brunswick test, but the description plus
> the bad label image indicate that it is:
> (BARNEY) RAPP''S ORCH, Roaming Away, mx 25853, recd Dec 7, 1921,
> listed in first ADBD as Vic rejected.
> So at least the test exists (single-sided?) and may be of interest
> to someone.
>
> The label shows also 2 letters/digits next to the spindle hole.
> A letter "K" at 3-o'clock, and
> a digit "3" or the letter "B" at 9h.
> Is this take 3 or what is the meaning of the letters?

Very definitely a Victor test pressing of matrix B 25853-3.

http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/700011117/
B-25853-Roaming_away_from_me

That's either a 'K' or an 'R' right of the hole; not sure of the
meaning in either case. All three takes are marked Destroyed
according to EDVR.

> Does the new ADBD show that a rejected take exists?

Have not seen the new ADBD so can't answer that one.

I sure wish I'd seen this item go up for auction! Rats.

Take care,

Joe
--
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats."--Albert Schweitzer