[78-L] Kinescopes (WAS Average Age)

Steven stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Nov 18 20:41:48 PST 2010

From: Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
> Never thought about belts aging from non use. Oh well, I guess I might as
> well
hook a VCR up to my computer then use Nero Vision to make DVD's from the old
VHS
tapes of which no current DVD is available to purchase. I've got several
movies
like that including the 1959 Mickey Rooney version of The Last Mile which I
taped off WGN cable in the middle of the night many years ago. Might as well
turn those unavailable movies & educational stuff into DVD's......

Oddly enough, I once solved a "defective belt" problem by buying a large
package
of rubber bands at a dollar store! One of those turned out to be the right
size to
replace the broken drive belt...!

Steven C. Barr