[78-L] Buchanan and Goodman on Trial

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 17 19:36:01 PST 2010

On 11/17/2010 3:54 PM, agp wrote:

>> My comedy CDs haven't been unpacked yet or I'd check and see which version is
>> on the Dickie Goodman's Greatest Hits and if there's an explanation.
>>
>> dl
>
> It would appear, according to Billboard, that at the time of this
> release B&G at reached settlement with the publishers of the original
> tracks, but Fats Domino's publishers balked at the terms. Whie I
> can't find anything that says that they were ordered to pull the
> Domino excerpt, they may have felt it prudent to do so.
>
> It also looks like jobbers were pressured to not carry B&G on trial.

B&G On Trial didn't do much..went to #80 for one week on the Billboard Hot 100.
I wouldn't have programmed it for one simple reason..it's not funny. As for
that price guide, he's out of his mind. The original "Flying Saucer" is very
easy to find and Joseph Murrells lists it as a million seller, accurately or not.