[78-L] Kinescopes (WAS Average Age)

Robert M. Bratcher Jr. rbratcherjr at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 16:35:56 PST 2010

My high school in Deer Park Texas had a Sony U--Matic recorder as well as a half
inch wide (maybe one inch wide) reel to reel video recorder that used 7 inch
reels for it's tapes. It was there when I graduated in 1978. The U-Matic &
sometimes the reel to reel machine were used to record programs for later
viewing during class time via the closed circuit TV syatem.

Oh & I'd love to get a copy on a DVD-R of that CBS "When TV Was Young" program!!
Perhaps Mike B could make one for me? Or even an SP speed VHS tape copy would
do.

In 1979 I was in college & the library let me order titles of educational stuff
on U-matic which I copied (in the library with an RCA VJP 900 dockable recorder
with the tuner timer unit left at home) to SP speed VHS tapes. Several Nova
programs were copied as well as a Beach Boys concert & other stuff. I still have
those copied tapes after all these years......