[78-L] Subject: Kinescopes (WAS Average Age)

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Mon Nov 15 14:35:16 PST 2010

Regarding The Honeymooners program, I recall, some years, while researching something else in the New York Times, coming across a rather lengthy article -- early 1950s -- about a new process being used to film the Honeymooners.  It had to do with being able to record what was seen through the camera and was technically different than making a kinescope.  The article was accompanied by one or more photos showing one or more cameras on the Honeymooners set.  I tried to find it using the NY Times online archive, but can't narrow the date search going back that far. Art