[78-L] A Gathering of Giants

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 14 21:18:36 PST 2010

Yes, Cantor is on the CD.  I wonder if the 16" originals were in Cantor's
personal collection since that is where much of the Brian Gari-produced
material comes from.  It might say so in the liner notes, but I don't have
them available at the moment.  Speaking of Cantor, I hope they release some
more restored early '30s Chase and Sanborn shows...

Was this later concert possibly part of the same series?  Strange that
(according to breakdown in Cary's article) there seems to be so much overlap
of material between the two.

Sammy Jones

dl wrote:

Interesting. I wasn't aware of this concert. Quite a few different
performers
as well, like Dinah Shore. Is Eddie Cantor involved? That's usually the case

with something produced by Brian Gari, who is his grandson.

dl

http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Songwriters-Concert-1941-concert/dp/B000004CQY