[78-L] Average age was

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:03:46 PST 2010

True....sad as well that the majors also saw fit to inflict heavy-handed
processing on the sound of the old recordings, compressing and limiting what
dynamic range they had out of them, drenching them in reverb....and that's
just the mono editions.  (I'm mostly thinking of RCA Victor; I think
Columbia and Decca used more sense or at least great restraint in altering
the sound of any of their vintage items.)