[78-L] "Buy It Now!"

goldenbough at arcor.de goldenbough at arcor.de
Tue Nov 9 00:57:38 PST 2010

.

David Lennick wrote, 'It's the "ca" in my address that' ... blocks non-US bidders.

More precisely, it's the ''preferred shipping address'' that you entered in 'My eBay'.

Being registered in Germany, I was unable to bid on an item offered by a German
eBayer on eBay Germany - because at that moment my active 'shipping address'
in 'My eBay' was my forwarding address in the USA. That's why I received a pop-up
saying that ''the seller does not ship to your address''.

In my eBay profile I had to revert this US shipping address back to my regular
German home address first, and then my bid went through.

In other words, the ban is triggered by the shipping address, not by the home address.
IIRC, you can have up to 10 shipping addresses on your eBay profile.

Benno