[78-L] Beiderbecke TV series on BBC

JOHN WRIGHT vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 13:03:59 PST 2010

Graeme Jaye wrote,

>> The point everyone seems to have missed is that this programme was
never supposed, nor intended, to have anything directly to do with
Beiderbecke. It wasn't even about music!

Not everyone Graeme. Julian and I have explained 'the point' that SOME
PEOPLE may have missed.

>>To call it the "Beiderbecke TV series" is giving it a
credence which was never intended and I think our overseas cousins
have missed the point entirely.

But Beiderbecke is in all of the series' titles so we have to call it that.

Interestingly the IMDB site (does TV as well as movies) states that the
soundtrack of the first and second series includes:

Cryin' All Day"
Written by Frankie Trumbauer and Chauncey Morehouse
Performed by Bix Beiderbecke *********!!!!!!

Eh?

John