[78-L] "Buy It Now!"

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Mon Nov 8 11:06:52 PST 2010

I wonder if anyone has taken the simple step with "Buy It Nows" that look really interesting of sending an inquiry to the seller even if there isn't a "Make offer" note, especially if the stuff has sat a while.  Civil questions cost nothing, and something may be gained.  Personally, I hate the competitiveness and ersatz "excitement" of auctions, though I do buy things on eBay auctions.  I'd rather see a price and either pay it or not.  I've found many unusual things, even quite recently, at very fair prices (at least to _me_) that way.  The rest of it -- well, it really is a matter of taste. P Carli