[78-L] Isabelle Archer Dyer Memorial Record - talking book 78 rpm

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Nov 8 00:38:28 PST 2010

They do not run at 78, they run at 33 1/3.  The are the Library of
Congress Talking Books which were produced starting in 1935.  They will
usually have LCS prefixes to the matrix numbers which is RCA Victor's
indication of long playing Program Transcription grooving 12-inch discs
cut with the Western Electric SHQ system.  The number would enable  us
to fix a rough date.  Because patents taken out by Frank L. Dyer were
used to cut the narrow groove, he had his late mother's name included on
the labels.

They probably aren't one sided (although some could be), and the braille
labeled side is side one.  These records weren't sold, they were loaned
to the blind and were supposed to be returned.  Could you list the
matrix numbers, titles, and part numbers?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Maria Fletcher <riafletcher at gmail.com>