[78-L] "Calling all polka records"

Steve Shapiro steveshapiro1 at juno.com
Sun Nov 7 14:35:25 PST 2010

"Polka records have become hot sellers"!!!   Now I know that the country (USA) and/or the world is really cracking up.

I know someone who may still have maybe 500-1000 polka lps ready to send to you --  cheap! (plus shipping).

I myself have disposed of perhaps 1000-1500 acoustic and post-war polka 78s over the past 25 years.  A few friends continue to bring me these treasures.  All I basically want are clean Dukla Victors; I think I'm covered as far as Mahanojaus goes.  Pay for the postage and I'll box up any more I get and ship them off to whomever will provide them loving care in perpetuity.  But the recipient must listen to all of them at least 10 times each -- and agree never to send them back.

Seriously, this polka market report is great news.

What we need to do is get our European friends to charter the QEII.  We'll load the ship up with polka 78s, lps, cassettes, and cds.  They'll need to give us $2 apiece (cassette tapes are free).  We'll donate the proceeds to our government, so it can finally balance the budget, eliminate the deficit for the next 50 years, provide free quality health care and early retirements at 30 years of age for all (including illegal aliens), and finance the next 10 wars.  Who is volunteering to serve as the point of collection?  Steven B?

Artie, if you want to unload those Australian pressings of 1930s hot (non-swing) jazz, let me know.  These should bring in good money at next years' Bash.  We'll have to put them "down under" the table and provide a floor cushion for people's knees.  If you're venturesome, you can offer half-price admission for every 1000 polka records donated to the QEII Polka Project ( a non-profit organization)./steve