[78-L] "Protection" and other problems

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Nov 6 19:30:41 PDT 2010

I don't need to have a look at European eBay chat lines to know that I have
been cheated by European buyers...not a lot,  but  a few.  And your citing
of 80% success for sellers via the appeal doesn't mean a damn thing if
you're one of the other 20%.

Nor was I speaking of  just eBay/Pay Pal  sales either...try dealing
directly with Visa or AmEx if your "buyer" has a complaint or claim against
you.

As to your experience checking into a hotel,  I find the processing of a
credit card at check-in to be a great convenience.  It's nice on the day of
check-out to receive an itemized bill under my room door,  and then I can
just leave,  after dropping the key at the desk.  I like nice hotels,  but I
hate long good-byes.

Never been in a Wal-Mart so can't address your experience there.

Taylor