[78-L] Click removal for idiots?

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Sat Nov 6 10:10:36 PDT 2010

Greetings from FixitLand!

David Lennick wrote:

> Had a request..
>
>> Hi David,
>> Still have some LPs I want to xfer to CD. Is there a simple-to-
>> run /software pgm.
>> that will remove clicks etc. automatically? I have several:
>> Audacity, Nero,
>> Groove Mechanic, Sound Forge - all too complicated to run. Can you
>> suggest one
>> FOR IDIOTS?
>
> The material is all classical, and I suspect that it's needed for
> an online
> library with minimal budget.

I'd suggest ClickRepair, cross-platform shareware. Open the audio
file in CR, select defaults appropriate for LP (which I think are
already preset on first startup), and click Start. That's IT. And,
amazingly, it WORKS.

http://www.clickrepair.net/software_download/clickrepair.html

Take care,

Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.