[78-L] For lovers of British Dance Band music

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 13:21:57 PDT 2010

I loved Ivie Anderson;it's too bad she died so young(around 42 as I recall).I
enjoyed her Ellington Brunswick recording of "Rose of the Rio Grande" which I
used to have on open reel tape.The re-
cording was on a boxed set of Ellington recordings on Columbia from the early
sixties.The records
covered 1927 through 1940("The Sergeant Was Shy").