[78-L] For lovers of British Dance Band music

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun Oct 31 13:10:44 PDT 2010

Besides Bowlly,  my fave English band singer is Sam Browne.  None of the
women band singers do much for me...often they sound like the just left the
cast of a Sigmund Romberg operetta.

I don't recall Anne Lenner but will try to check her out, per Julian's
endorsement.

That said,  I recently got a Charlie Kunz Casani Club Orch record of Thanks
a Million (1935),  which has a very early and excellent vocal chorus by Very
Lynn...great tune as well.

Taylor