[78-L] Video Formatting issues on the Feinstein DVD -

Jeff Sultanof jeffsultanof at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:31:22 PDT 2010

Mike,

Having just purchased an HD set and Blu-ray player that can also play SACD
and DVD-Audio, I agree wholeheartedly with your appraisal of the home video
market. I would like to add one thing: there is no question that if a
Blu-ray version of a program is available, I would buy it over the DVD, but
I've been quite surprised as to how well standard DVDs look played back over
my system. They look fabulous, so I can live with a DVD release if the
distributor did not want to spring for Blu-ray.

But there were quite a few DVD buyers who did spring for the widescreen TVs
and surround systems before Blu-ray was a reality. I was one of them. But
yes, the likelihood of a DVD buyer springing for these things now is pretty
slim. They'd be looking at Blu-ray and/or 3D.

Jeff Sultanof