[78-L] Question about "O Gero Amerikanos"

Maria Yorgakopoulou mariady2007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:17:42 PDT 2010

  I am new to this list and will soon have a lot of questions, but as
regards, O Geros Amerikanos, my husband and I were unfamiliar with it. Today
I googled the song in Greek, actually took out O (The), got
this website
http://www.xorio.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=814:2010-03-02-10-12-34&catid=49:2010-03-02-09-29-39&Itemid=79,
which had the following info:

First, they categorized it under wedding songs, because it is about a
wedding or marriage, which though there are other words in Greek, here the
term is interchangable. It was found in the collection Katsalidas-
Kaτσαλιδας,  in Lyti -Λυτης-also Φωτιος οr Φωτιου-Fotios, or Fotiou. They
also have the lyrics, the posting was March 2010.

 Maria Yorgakopoulou