[78-L] Question about "O Gero Amerikanos"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Oct 26 10:52:12 PDT 2010

From: goldenbough at arcor.de
> Eric, Here is what Dick Spottswood published in the booklet to
> Folk Music in America - Vol. 6  Songs of Migration & Immigration
>> D. Perdicopoulos - O Gero Amerikanos
>> With violin, bouzouki and guitar, Athens, Greece, mid-1930s.
>> (3:11)  Orthophonic S-737
>> RCA Records' files contain no information concerning the Orthophonic
>> label, whose releases were exclusively of Greek and Turkish music. [snip]

> I do not know whether Dick reads the 78-L forum, but he never posted
> there, afaik.   Benno

Spottswood is on the ARSC-List and reads and replies regularly.  I am
surprised to see him report that there is no info in the RCA files about
this label.  I had thought there were Blue Release Cards for these like
there are for Crown.  It could be that if there are cards there is no
info of the source of the recordings.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com