[78-L] Mechanical removal of crackles and scratches???

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 08:31:25 PDT 2010

It sounds like total crap to me. I see no advantage in playing a record
with such a "stylus" and at such an elevated pressure. Only damage could
be the result. No, I haven't tried it recently, but when I was a kid I
tried to correct a locked groove in a similar manner, bearing down on
the tone arm, and all I did was introduce a very audible amount of
surface noise for the duration. I don't remember now if it was an LP or
a 78.

joe salerno